I'm sorry for each of you (besides my siblings), because you don't have my mom for a mom. She is the best mom in the universe and I wouldn't trade her for anything. She lives and breathes to serve and love her family, and I am so blessed. I hope she has a wonderful Mother's Day this year.
Happy Mother's Day to the rest of us mothers, too, eh? Even though we can't measure up to my mom, we try, don't we? I have some other wonderful mothers in my life as well. My mother-in-law, Jan, who loves me like a daughter. My other mother, Mary, who is so sweet and loving and always remembers my birthday. Of course, my Grandma Noble is amazing beyond words to describe. She taught me a lot about being a good mother when she came for 2 weeks after Daniel was born. I will always cherish those memories of the times we spent. My Grammie Fellingham is passed away, but I think of her often. She was a wonderful woman who taught me a lot. She was incredibly bright and very organized and I'll always remember the time I asked how old she was and she replied "66". From then on, to me she was 66. I'll never forget the science project that won me first place and a trip to Seattle that she and Grandaddy helped me tirelessly with. I have other mothers in my life from whom I've learned a lot. I have aunts who've taught me and loved me. I have friends who've become mothers with me and we've all learned and grown in our mothering together, haven't we girls? I have amazing sisters who've shared their challenges and successes with me, and made me a better mother. I have sisters-in-law who teach me every time I have the honor of spending time with them. I have friends who will never be mothers themselves, but who've taught me countless lessons on how to be more patient, loving, and appreciative of my children. I try every day to be a better mom, but I know I couldn't do it without each of you. Happy Mother's Day!
2 comments:
Thank you Joy. YOU are an amazing mother and a wonderful example to me. I'll always be grateful that my first child was born close to one of yours - because we were in the same stages together - and I learned, A LOT! Thank you! I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
Joy thanks for those words. I enjoyed reading them. I am not a mother yet, but can't wait to be. You are a wonderful mother.. And you have had a lot of woman to guide you and help you along the way.. special woman.. Happy Mother's Day!!
Post a Comment