Thursday, May 08, 2008

Camping in the great Northwest

Tomorrow night the boys are all going on a father/son campout with the other fathers and sons from our church. They will get their first taste of camping in the great Northwest. Today it didn't get out of the 50's all day (brrrrr), so hopefully it'll warm up a little tomorrow for them.

I'll send Steve with the camera and hope for some good footage of the trip.

Happy Mother's Day to all you women out there!

It's a little bitter-sweet for me this year since one year ago I was sustained as the Relief Society President of the Stonegate Ward. I kind of feel like I disappointed some people - shirked my duty, as it were - and I feel bad about that. I didn't KNOW I was going to move. I enjoyed serving the women of that ward and I miss each of them.

Well, I hope everyone reading this has or had a wonderful weekend!!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

A father/son campout! How fun! I hope the weather cooperates for them. Are you and Caitlin going to have a girls' night out while they're gone?

It's not your fault you moved. You were a great RS president and you did your calling really well from everything that I can see. I'm sure I'd have similar feelings, but you really have little control over things like this and you just do the best you can. Don't feel bad.

I miss you. A lot. I hope things are going well and you are having a good day. Happy early Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

JOy we do miss you. I wish we could have served longer together. But i did enjoy it and learned a lot from you in my short time serving with you.. don't feel bad, we would have loved to keep you, but life happens, that's what i say!! Life Happens, and the lord has different things in store for us, and we don't know when that will happen. I do miss you terribly.. I hope you got my text I sent you on Mother's Day!! And i really hope you enjoyed it.. Campout huh?? that sounds fun.. break for you.. :) Love you!!