Daniel can now SWALLOW PILLS!!! I know, a great skill for a 5 year old. His allergies have been picking back up since the move, and the doctor recommended loratadin (claratin) for him. I went to Costco and the package of 2 4oz. bottles of liquid were $16. The generic bottle of 300 pills (Daniel's dose is 1/2 a pill - so 600 doses) was $11. Needless to say, we had a pill-swallowing learning session and he's a champ. He's swallowed his pill every day for a week now. YEAH!
Also - today Caitlin, Daniel & I met Steve for lunch. Steve & I had finished eating and Daniel still had a couple of slices of pizza left on his plate. Here's what he says, "Mom, it turns out I don't think I can finish my pizza 'cuz I'm full". I about bust up laughing. "As it turns out" is a big Fellingham catch-phrase, and I think Grandaddy Fellingham would be proud to know how genuinely his phase is being used by his posterity.
Also, on the way home, Daniel was talking on the phone to Elise, my sister. Elise asked Daniel how he is liking Seattle. He responded with 2 words, "It's cold". I guess my little summer boys are having quite the adjustment.
3 comments:
Hi Joy, I can't believe how big Caitlin is getting. Isaac has really really bad allergies, I have a hard enough time having him take the liquid, I am impressed that Daniel will take a pill. Good job! It's fun to stay updated with you.
I have never been to Seattle, but it is a place I would love to visit.
Oh how I miss that Daniel boy. He's such a cutie. Good for him to swallow his pills. That's a hard skill to learn. We've lived in a cold climate for 2 1/2 years now, and my kids still complain about the cold all the time. I guess it will just take some time. It would also help if it would stop SNOWING all the time. :0) We love you guys. Take care.
Hey you... i remember when I learned how to swallow a pill. It is so much better... Very cute of daniel at dinner. I love that.
Post a Comment