Saturday, November 10, 2007

Soccer & more soccer

So - last night Steve & I played again. The other team played really rough. I got knocked over (for the first time ever) and got banged into a few times (well, I WAS playing defense...perhaps I was doing the banging into, eh?). We lost the game, but I thought it was my best game yet. I really enjoyed it. Steve was having an "off" night - just coming off a migraine, and he was still nauseated. Mom was there to watch and that was fun! We went to Cafe Rio for dinner afterwards...that was fun, too. This morning my sister-in-law, Amanda, flew in with her dog, Diesel. Diesel will be staying with the Webbs for the next year while Amanda goes to Iraq. Thankfully, Amanda extended her trip and will be with us until NEXT Saturday....we're all excited about that....especially all the nephews who have a crush on their beautiful, fun aunt. :)

On another soccer note, Kenneth & Johnathan's team played the only team they've lost to this season today. The team, the WILDCATS, was undefeated, so it was a BIG GAME! We WON in a shoot-out....very exciting! So, along with their regular team trophies they got 1st place trophies from the city. It was a great game, and it's so fun to see how these boys have improved over the past 10 weeks. We had cake and pizza afterwards and it was all in all a successful soccer season. Steve & Darrel did a great job w/ coaching and now they each have a nice plaque and a $25 gift card to Black Angus to show for all their hard work.

Tomorrow is Stake Conference and the Jones family is coming through on their way to Disney Land! YEAH!!! :) Another fun weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Kenneth and Johnathan. Alex's team won his baseball league in the spring. He was thrilled to receive 2 trophies. I'm sure Kenneth is happy as well.

I hope Steve is recovered from his migraine. Those are never fun!