Saturday, October 20, 2007
Cute kids tonight...
So, rarely do all 3 of my kids engage in play together. Tonight I was working with Kenneth on the piano and Steve was studying and Daniel & Caitlin were playing together. It was really cool. Then I left Kenneth and he started leading the play with Daniel & Caitlin. They all got along great and played really well together (one of those - ahhhh it's great being a mom - moments). Anyway, at one point they all came into my office under a queen size comforter and all I hear is "Don't tell mom". Caitlin had a flashlight and aparently they were all playing "good guys/bad guys". Caitlin and Daniel had to use the potty, so then Caitlin asked for a bath. I was about to say no (I am trying to prepare my thoughts for my annual RS Board training tomorrow) when I realized tomorrow is church and they probably should have baths. Anyway, Kenneth says, "Mom - it's OK - I'll watch them." I tell him that's great and threaten them when I hear water splashing, but that's about the extent of my involvement until I hear Kenneth saying, "OK - 5 more minutes." Then I hear (a few minutes later) "OK - who's getting out first?" I go in there and ask if they've washed their hair and Kenneth says, "Yes, mom, I washed their hair by telling them they were going to get a treat. Do you think it's OK if they have a treat now?" Now THAT'S impressive! I told him of course they could have a treat. So I dress Daniel and Caitlin, we go find a treat, then we brush teeth. Then, Kenneth says, "PLEASE, mom, can Caitlin PLEASE sleep with us tonight?" (We've tried this in the past and it's always ended up with her getting put in her own room.) Well, tonight I let them try again and this is what I saw when I went in a minute ago to check on them:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love it! They are so darling! Kenneth should get an extra star on the 'responsibility' chart for showing such good leadership. What a guy! I still think of all three of them every day. Emily prays for your three and the three webb boys every night. We love you!
Wow, that's amazing. I don't think there is any way Alex and Emma would sleep in the same twin bed without lots of shouting. I love Caitlin tucked in the corner. It's moments like these that make parenting all worth it!
That is the cutest story and picture! I love it when the kids show that they truly love each other.
Post a Comment