The Laytons on Easter
Kenneth and Nathan holding hands (they're 3 months apart in age and they got along very well).
From left to right: Danny, Darrel, Darin, Steve, Dad, Mom, Joy, Missy, Angela, Amanda
My Dad and Me
Well, I haven't updated for a while; so here's what we've been up to:
Well, I haven't updated for a while; so here's what we've been up to:
Our kids had spring break last week, so Angela & I let our kids pick out of 10 options 4 things they wanted to do during the week. They chose bowling; movie theater movie; boating; and Chuck E Cheese's. We did all that Tues/Wed/Thurs. Thursday evening we had my sister, Missy, her husband and her 3 kids as well as my folks and my brother Ben come. On Friday I took out Missy, Darin, Dad, and Nathan, Benjamin, and Gilbert (Missy's kids) out on the boat. We had a great day out on the lake. The water was COLD (I didn't even wear my suit :) ), but everyone else was very brave and tubed, skiied, knee-boarded, swam, etc. The kids got a kick out of the floating toilet (they have them strategically posted on the lake), and Nathan dubbed our ski dock a "Porch"...who knew our boat was big enough to have a porch? Saturday Steve took out Ben, Darin, Danny & Amanda on the boat. (Danny & Amanda came on Friday afternoon). We had a choir rehearsal from 9-10am -- A run through for the cantata that Angela conducted, I sang in and my dad narrated. We came home and had an easter egg hunt (see photos), then we took all the kids to the Bass Pro Shop to see the 117,000 gallon fish tank where you can watch them feed the sting rays and sharks ( I love that attraction ). That evening we got a babysitter and all the adults went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner before dividing up for shows. Mom, Dad, Joy & Steve went to the Scintas. Danny & Amanda went to Josh Grobin. Angela, Darrel, Darin & Missy went to Gordy Brown. It was lots of fun! Easter Sunday started with church and singing the cantata. Then a huge Easter feast, then Mom, Dad, Ben, Danny & Amanda went home. After they left we dyed Easter eggs with the kids. Missy & Darin left at about Noon on Monday - and now I'm deep into taxes!!! Anyway, that's our weekend in a nut shell....we had lots & lots of fun! I hope you like the photos.

1 comment:
I LOVE the photos! Thanks for an update on your blog! Good luck through the next couple of days with taxes craziness! I am thinking about you. If I was rich I would put together a huge 'survive tax season' package for you and over-night it so you could enjoy it over the next few stressful days. I love you!
Post a Comment