Well, first off - I shouldn't wait so long in between posts....there's so much to say. I'll start with Monday. Kenneth had his first baseball game (see photos). He did great - although he's not on a great team...what else is new? He doesn't know the difference and he loves the game so much he doesn't really even notice anyone around him I don't think. So - we had a good week - I worked as much as I could. I got my hair cut again (shorter - more layers). Thursday we had a low-key day and I wanted to get out and Steve worked late; so I called Sears. See- I guess I'd better back up a bit. Kenneth has been going through shoes like there's no tomorrow, so my sister told me about the policy Sears has that if your kid wears out the shoe before they grow out of it -they'll replace the shoe for free. So - the last pair of shoes I bought Kenneth I bought at Sears for specifically that reason. I kept the box & receipt - fully anticipating needing them. His shoes were shot. I went to retrieve the box and receipt and couldn't find them....darn the luck. So - I called Sears to see if they'd honor it without the receipt. They said it depended on the shoe. I described the shoe to them and they said bring it in....well, Adam said bring it in. I - knowing full well how this works if you get another person - went RIGHT in. After I loaded the kids in the car the car barely started...and I noticed the clock in my car said 12:03 as I was driving away (it was really like 6:30pm). Well - I'm not stupid. I figured my battery was going out. So - not willing to pass up a chance at free shoes - I called Steve and warned him that we might get stranded at Sears. We got to Sears OK and got new shoes for Kenneth and got out of Sears OK and went straight to Checker. Sure enough, our battery was going out (we knew for sure after they tested it). I purchased a new battery, but getting the old one out was going to be a process; so I took it home hoping Steve would save me the trouble. The next morning Steve so kindly replaced my battery before going to work. He left the old battery in the car for me to return and get my $8 back. I forgot about it and ran several other errands. About 45 minutes before baseball I sent Kenneth out to the car to check on his baseball bag and make sure he had everything he needed. He came back in the house screaming like a wild banchee and grabbing his leg and hand. I handed him a wet rag and ran out to the car to see what the "big black thing leaking oil" was that hurt him. The battery had no doubt shifted as I drove and fell out of the car when he opened the door. He aparently attempted to move it and it leaked battery acid on him. I ran back in; stripped Kenneth; and put him in the bath with the plug open so it would drain in & out. I called poison control (after I called Steve) and moved Kenneth to the shower. After flushing it for 20 minutes and using a mild baby soap, he said only his leg hurt a little. I put silvadine cream on it and wrapped it and we went to baseball. After baseball practice, Daniel decided to bring home a rock (see photo). Once in the car, Caitlin decided SHE wanted the rock. Daniel, in an attempt to prevent his sister from getting his rock, put the rock in his nose....yes, you read right...in his nose. He started screaming like a banchee (I wonder where he'd heard that before?) and I pulled off the road into a parking lot. I got something skinny and tried to wedge it out but I could see pretty quickly this was not something I could do - he was fighting and screaming too much. I called Steve and told him to hurry up and come back to me - then I called Angela (she was closer) and told her where to pull off the road to help me. I gave Angela my skinny object and held Daniel down while she futzed with the rock in his nose. Finally, I suggested we let gravity be our friend, so we sat him up. Angela got the idea to have him blow his nose...so he blew...and blew....and eventually the rock came out - just before Steve got there. Angela didn't see the rock ahead of time, so she was very surprised to see the size of the rock (again - reference the photo). Another crisis past...few! Kenneth had his first piano lesson this afternoon (well, at noon). He did great. I had purchased the incorrect books, so during his lesson we ran to a music store and purchased the correct books. I made him a bag that says "Kenneth's music bag" and we put in a pencil, notebook, and his music books. He came right home from his lesson to practice. I think he's going to enjoy this. It's good. I really like his teacher. She's been teaching for 20 years and she says she's only had one personality conflict. She's a dear woman.....she must be very patient. So - last of all - tonight Steve took me to see REBA!....live, in concert. She was in Primm (27 miles from here). We had a great time - she puts on a wonderful show. Now - it's after midnight and church is at 9 - so I must go...but we've had an eventful week. I guess I should mention that Steve will be going to New York next week (likely Monday) - and Angela is going to Idaho on Tuesday...so I'll be a lonely woman next week....with a lot of kids! :)



This is Steve's wedding ring on the left - and the rock Daniel wedged up his nose on the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment