Well, after sending Kenneth and Daniel to a friend's house last night, and waking up with Caitlin at 5:30am to get her to the hospital, I'm relieved to say we're home and everything is OK. Caitlin's surgery was quick and there appear to be no complications, etc. Her ears were infected, so we'll probably have to extend the ear drops, but that's small potatoes. I guess they're making an ear goo or something now to use in the bath and in the lake, so we'll have to pick up some of that. We got Daniel, and shared the breakfast leftovers at my friend's house, then came home and rode bikes out front adn Daniel wanted to go to the park so we loaded up his bike and both kids and went to the park to wear them out. Caitlin is now sleeping and I hope it's a long nap for her sake.
I have a cute story to share because I don't want to forget it. Last night Steve brought his church kids over (9 boys ages 14-15). I prepared by baking cinnamon rolls, brownies and bread. I spread everything out on the table and was upstairs with Caitlin before they came. I was laying on my bed reading when it was time for them to leave and I heard Steve saying "Let's go". One of the boys said "Where are we going?" and another boy replied "We have to go back to reality now." My heart was touched; I'm glad they feel happy and safe and well-fed in our home. I hope they know they are welcome here any time. :)
1 comment:
Yeah! So glad to hear it all went well. I wish I was at your house eating cinnamon rolls, too!
Post a Comment