Well, we're getting back in our groove after Elise & Emily left. We were very sad to see them go, but we're excited that the next time we see them there will be 3 of them! :) Emily taught Caitlin 2 things while she was here (well, Caitlin learned from Emily...I know Emily wasn't trying to teach her)...Caitlin now kisses you on the lips (melt my heart!) and Caitlin says "Mmmmmm" after she eats or drinks something....then she waits for you to say "Mmmmmm" back to her. It's very cute. Emily couldn't have taught more adorable things.
Caitlin is scheduled to get tubes put in her ears on Thursday morning. I am very disappointed that the surgery precludes me from going up to visit Missy again, but I'm very ready for my happy girl back. Caitlin has been pulling on her ear - putting her finger in her ear - and putting warm things next to her ear all weekend and so far this week. I don't think her ears are clear, and I'm sure that contributes to her chronic crabbiness.
Steve is spending a LOT of time on his class this semester, and it's pushing him. It's a lot of heavy duty math and he's having to brush up on a lot of old learning. We got him another book and it seems to be helping a bit, but he's spent a lot of time and is not encouraged. I don't want him to drop it, but I know that thought has crossed his mind.
Daniel hasn't exactly been 100% lately. He's not running a fever, he's not got a runny nose or cough, but he seems to have less energy than usual and is sleeping more than usual. I'm hoping he'll feel better soon.
We got to see my cousin Britta play volleyball over the weekend. I got to watch 2 matches (best 2 of 3 - both sets went to 3). She's amazing. She's a sophomore in High School and plays on a club team with mostly juniors and she's really good....they all are. It was a pleasure to watch her and to see my cousin Brooke and my Aunt Diane and Uncle David. I'm so glad they invited us to come watch.
Well, I guess that's about it for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment