Monday, February 12, 2007

ANOTHER ear infection! Actually, 2!

Well, Caitlin had an ear infection that was diagnosed 2 weeks ago today. She finished her antibiotics last Wednesday. On Thursday she started acting sick & crabby. We struggled through the weekend...she looked miserable. I started using some homeopathic remedies, but I think it was too little too late. She was too far gone. She had 2 raging ear infections today and her cough is something awful. She's got drainage like she's sprung a leak. The doctor gave her a shot of Roceffin (sp?) and sent us home with prescriptions for Zithromax, a numbing ear drop, and a cough medicine. She's sleeping well tonight (so far) for the first night in several. We have an appointment with the ENT on Thursday at 6:30pm....this after they originally told me their first available appointment was on March 7th. That wasn't soon enough. In other news, we're having a great time visiting with Elise & Emily. It's a pleasure to have them both around...I wish I weren't doing so much running around, but tomorrow we're piecing 3 quilts, so we'll get lots of quality time. Here are a couple of photos from last Friday.

She really did feel lousy - as evidenced by our doctor visit today, but I still think this picture is funny.
You can really tell the difference in the girls' phisique in this photo...Emily is lovingly the "Tank" and Caitlin is more petite. Emily has so many entertaining facial expressions...I think Caitlin was taken aback by this one where Emily was "smelling" the rose petal.
This is a classic and made the whole shoot worthwhile! Isn't she a doll? Too bad Caitlin wasn't more cooperative.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Even when she's miserable she's gorgeous!

Julie said...

Poor baby! I hope she's feeling better. What a little sweetheart.

We're used to the "Tank" since Emma is built like one, too. Boy is she solid when you pick her up. I think she weighs about the same as Alex.