Well, I guess men aren't the only ones with selective memories today...
It only took me 6 days to forget ear plugs for Caitlin in the bath. Holy cow! It was only her 2nd bath since surgery and I completely forgot ear plugs. Now that's something my friends, Julie & Sean Buckley, would have NEVER done!
Caitlin seemed to survive, but I'll try to be more diligent. The ear plugs are still on my bathroom counter, for crying in the soup! No excuse.
Today it's a little chilly in Vegas. It was only about 50 degrees, and so we changed play group to be at my house, rather than at the park. We had a record turnout and the house was very full! We had a great time, though, and no major damage was done, so it's all good. Steve came home toward the end of it ( a few ladies had already left, but it was still a madhouse ) and he just grabbed what he needed and took off...never even saw the other 15 people in the entertainment room! :)
The big news for me today is that I used my new bosch for the first time. I got a new bosch and I love it! It's got twice the capacity of my old one (which is still running, but dying a slow death). I made 3 loaves of bread in one batch - WOO HOO! I also made strawberry daquiris with the blender part. It's totally cool! The only bummer is that the dough hook is not dishwasher safe, but I guess I can handle that.
Angela was in charge of the blue and gold banquet tonight at church for the cub scouts, so Zachary came to play. Another little boy, Jordan, also came to play while his mom and 4 siblings attended the event. The kids all played together fantastically well, and I was able to get some reading done even! It was a low key evening with Steve at a church activity as well. Catilin is finally getting old enough to play with her brothers and give me a break. It's very nice. She comes over periodically for lovings, but then she goes off and plays again. That's a very welcome change from her constantly being attached.
I'm going crazy with my computer lately. It's all of a sudden EXTREMELY SLOW! It's just about driving me to drink, so I'm spending tonight dumping programs, and trying to get to the bottom of the issue. This is when I wish I didn't live so far away from my IT guy...well, if I can't figure it out I'll give him a call, because I know if I've got IT, he can fix IT! :)
I guess that's just about it for now.
3 comments:
Hi Joy,
Thanks for the update! I can't imagine anything would drive you to drink. :) I'm sure you'll get your computer issues figured out.
Benjamin is great at playing by himself. I can put him in the play room and he'll play for an hour. That's where he is now, in fact. I can hear things moving around and the bottle hitting the floor. He's such a sweet boy.
I'm glad things are going well with Caitlin. I'm sure we forgot Emma's ear plugs from time to time. ;)
Lots of love from Texas,
Julie
A cool new bosch!! Congrats! I have yet to pull the wheat grinder out and give it a try. Soon.
I didn't know the dough hooks aren't dishwasher safe...something to keep in mind for the future! :)
And tell me how you made the strawberry daquiris!!! I have been wanting to make some cool drinks for Les like we did at your house, but without the cool 'drink-maker' I figured it would be impossible. What is the 'recipe' you used? I will have to get some of the syrup stuff next time I'm at Wal-mart. I saw it there once.
Love you. Glad you are doing well!
~Elise
A cool new bosch!! Congrats! I have yet to pull the wheat grinder out and give it a try. Soon.
I didn't know the dough hooks aren't dishwasher safe...something to keep in mind for the future! :)
And tell me how you made the strawberry daquiris!!! I have been wanting to make some cool drinks for Les like we did at your house, but without the cool 'drink-maker' I figured it would be impossible. What is the 'recipe' you used? I will have to get some of the syrup stuff next time I'm at Wal-mart. I saw it there once.
Love you. Glad you are doing well!
~Elise
Post a Comment