This morning I am cleaning and packing for our trip to St. George. We are going to watch my dad play volleyball. My uncle is on the team as well. I haven't seen him play for a decade, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Angela and I are going together with our children. We'll see him play tomorrow (his game today is this morning - we already missed it)...then head back home. It'll be a quick trip, but we're very much looking forward to it. This afternoon we're just going to hang out with grandaddy. Maybe we'll find a park or go bowling or something.
Kenneth is home from school today, he's not feeling well. Hopefully the extra rest this morning will help him snap out of it. He has an upset stomach, and Steve was up in the night with an upset stomach.
Steve has been working way too much and work is very stressful right now. I'm ready for him to back off a bit, but the time is not yet.
Caitlin woke up at 3am and I was up with her until close to 4. Then she woke up again sometime after 4:30 or so. Steve got up with her and he said she never went back to sleep. I'm very frustrated with her schedule right now. She's been waking up shortly after 5am every day this past week - but I just can't do 3. For Heaven's sake! Any suggestions on regulating her schedule are welcomed.
Well, I'd better finish my cleaning!
2 comments:
Sorry about Caitlin's schedule. I can empathize, but unfortunately I don't have much advice. As you know, my kids were not the best sleepers as babies. Now--they're wonderful, but it always takes them the first two years of life to figure out that we sleep all night.
Your trip to St. George sounds fun. I hope Kenneth feels better (and Steve, too). I'm sorry that I haven't called this week. It's been an unbelievably busy week of juggling things to try to fit everything in. I don't even want to think about my life next week after I get set apart this weekend! I was going to call you just now, but just saw that you're packing and getting ready so decided against it.
There's a half marathon in St. George in January. Are you at all interested? Even if we just walked it together, it would be fun to do an event together one of these days.
Well, I'll let you go. Have fun watching volleyball. I'll pray that Steve's work load lightens up soon. You've had to deal with that for too long!
Love,
Shauna
Joy,
The 'happy baby, healthy sleeping habits' book says that night wakings are due to incificient naps. In other words, if Caitlin doesn't get enough good sleep during the day, then night wakings will occur.
I don't know if that is the problem, but I thought I would mention it. I love you and SO WISH I could go and see Dad with you two this weekend. I miss being closer to you. ~Elise
Post a Comment