Friday, October 20, 2006

St. George fun

Well, we're back. We just drove in from St. George. We went up (we being Angela, Joy, and all of our kids) to St. George to see our dad play in a volleyball tournament....the Huntsman Senior Games. It was FABULOUS. I didn't realize they'd changed most of the rules of volleyball during my decade off (not kidding). It was really fun to see dad play. Kenneth was under the weather on Thursday so I let him stay home from school. We left shortly after Angela's preschool finished at noon that day. We hung out with grandaddy playing miniature golf, ping pong and air hockey before heading to the park for a picnic and soccer. It was great fun and wonderful bonding time with grandaddy. Then, last night I had the night from #*$) with my kids....it was bad...we'll leave it at that....sufice it to say that NONE OF US GOT ENOUGH SLEEP. We picked Dad up this morning and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast before heading to the volleyball court to watch his first match. They won that match, so we headed back to Angela's sister-in-law's house (that's where we spent the night) for nap time. I got ALL 3 of my kids alseep and Angela and I headed back to watch Dad's second match. We were about 5 minutes into the match (the score was 4-4) and we got a phone call that Kenneth had thrown up. So - I hurried back. By the time I got there they'd cleaned it up and he was back asleep. Kenneth woke up after a 2.5 hour nap. Daniel had a 2 hour nap, and Caitlin 3 hours. Kenneth woke up burning hot so I borrowed a thermometer and it registered 103 degrees. That's a personal high for him. He's never been that hot. I gave him some motrin and went to wake up Caitlin, who woke up with a blow out. So - after a quick bath we headed back for more volleyball. Dad had won the match I had to leave during, but he lost the one we came back for. (It was no surprise - that match was against the number one team). So........after that match Dad had to ref, so we hung out on the lawn before heading to a park for pizza and more games. We dropped Dad off and headed home after that. It was a wonderful time and we're so glad we went. Kenneth is resting now and hopefully he'll wake up "all better". He has a soccer game at 9am tomorrow - and he's convinced he'll feel good enough to play. I'll let you know...........

No comments: