Well, we had a good Saturday. Kenneth's soccer game got cancelled due to the rain, and the cops finally left. We are still a bit wary, but feeling better about being in our house. We got to go to the park as a family this afternoon and we had a lot of fun. It was wonderful to have Steve with us all day. We ran some errands - one of which was getting Kenneth a piano book. He has been BEGGING to learn how to play the piano. So....I gave in. I got him one basic theory book and a piano book and we started Saturday. He is a quick study which is no surprise.
On Sunday Kenneth gave a talk in church (which he's very good at - in my humble opinion), I substituted in primary, Steve taught his lesson and I directed the choir. It was a busy Sabbath for us. We had a nice relaxing evening as a family, though.
This morning Kenneth got up early and got ready for school. He was eating his breakfast and he said, "I want to talk to Nancy & Debbie". I thought, well - OK. I know it's hard for Nancy to talk while she's at work, so we called Debbie and Kenneth chatted with her for a while. Thanks, Debbie, for taking the time to chat - it made his day. Nancy - we'll have to call you at home some time! :)
Tonight my mom & my sister-in-law, Jackie, are here. They are doing a conference here in Vegas tomorrow. They're doing the "Million Dollar Woman" conference series. (www.milliondollarwomanconference.com). We're glad to see them. Mom's sleeping here, Jackie at Angela's house. They'll spend tomorrow dinner with us before they head to St. George for their Wed. conference. It's nice to have them here - even if it is a brief visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment