Monday, June 28, 2010

FUN FUN TIMES IN CO!!

Somehow I didn't end up with the Rocky Mountain National Park photos we took, but, since I didn't even TAKE a camera, I'm lucky I have any photos at ALL of our trip to COLORADO!! Well, Kenneth & Caitlin got an extra long stay, but once Daniel, Patrick and Mom got there, the fun really ramped up. We went to a splash park and slept in the camper (well, K, D &C did - not mom, I stayed inside with P), had stew over rice, fry bread (traditional Fellingham camping food) and S'MORES!!! We also got to spend some time in the garden (I love that) and planting some flowers...and....wait for it......the highlight was FINALLY visiting the ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK and ESTES PARK. I have heard about this place for YEARS (literally) from our very very good friends in Texas who used to make the DRIVE every summer to enjoy the beauty. It was every bit as lovely as they said it was. We took all the kids on a quick hike around a beautiful lake and we drove to some amazing look out points, and we had a picnic with (well, near) 11 ELKS!! It was so rockin' cool. One was a "six by six" (I'm not so hip on the Elk lingo, but my brother-in-law Les is all over it). We also saw chipmunks, and some small cute animals that started with an "M". I'm going to have to work on that one.

And......as if that weren't enough......Les and Elise were also kind enough to take us 4 Wheeling! Oh. My. Gosh. that was SO fun! Les even let me drive his fancy dancy 4 wheeler. So cool. So, that's what the photos capture. Kenneth got to ride Les's newly restored 3 wheeler ALL BY HIMSELF, and that was so incredibly cool. And...the other kids got to take turns on the 4 wheelers PLUS ride in this darling little battery-operated car! So fun. Everyone had a blast!!! Let me just say that Patrick's face sums up our entire visit! Sheer Joy! (Pun intended - when you got it...flaunt it, right?) We had a great time and big HUGE shout out to the Adams family for being such great hosts and letting us come have such a wonderful time in COLORFUL COLORADO. (It's 522 miles from my door to Elise's, in case anybody wondered.)



1 comment:

Elise said...

I'm so glad you had fun. I still wish we'd been able to do more. Hopefully the next trip we'll get in the rest of the Colorado good stuff. I love you!