Steve took the kids to CA for almost 2 weeks in August, and we're so happy to be reunited. Well, I'm so happy to have them home. I was very lonely without them. Even though the vacuum lines stayed in the carpet for 5 days straight, I'll trade the quiet for the noise and the mess any day.
We are deep into soccer practices and Steve is playing, too, so we have soccer on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. We love it, though.
Suzanne has been visiting us for a week, so we've eaten REALLY well, and we went for a drive to deception pass last Friday. The weather has been rainy this weekend, so we're having a low-key holiday weekend.
School resumes on Wednesday, and I think we have mixed feelings. It will be good to get back on a schedule and I'm sure the kids will enjoy seeing their friends again, but I've really loved spending time as an entire family this summer. I know our world is going to rock come November, but we made lots and lots of great memories this summer.
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear everyone is home safe and sound. I love your comment about the vacuum lines. That cracked me up.
We're doing soccer about 4 days a week around here. On one of the days, Emma and Alex have practice at the same time, but in different places. Not sure how to manage that one yet, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.
Good luck with school!
Post a Comment