Well, the great news is that the Layton 5 will soon be the Layton 6! That's right...another baby on the way. We've seen the heart beat and I can't wait to see or hear it again. I'm exhausted and feeling marginal, but that's a good thing...right? The baby is due November 14th.
The not so great news is that Steve is no longer employed. That's right. He's a victim of the economy....bummer. We've had a week for it to sink in.
So....if you know anybody who needs a really hard-working, bright, experienced hardware engineer...you know where to find him!!!
The weather was lovely today (HOT if you ask Steve....I say...'where is your perspective, honey...really?'). It's supposed to be good again tomorrow, then cold again Wednesday. We shut off our thermostat a week ago and we've relied on our wood stove this week, but we didn't need a fire today. One day last week it was 51 degrees in our house when we woke up....brrrrr. Thank heavens for all the wood we split and stacked last fall. We've got plenty of fuel, but I think Steve's getting tired of starting fires with relatively wet wood. I know I've gotten frustrated more than once. Luckily, Steve is better at it than I am and we eventually end up warming up the house.
We enjoyed General Conference this weekend, and I'll leave you with the quote that stands out in my mind. It is from our prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
The future is as bright as your faith.
4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about Steve. I am excited for your news about your little addition. Keep hold of that quote from President Monson. I think there will be a lot of people referring to it for a lot of different reasons in the next little while. Good Luck! We will keep you in our prayers!
So excited for you!! But sorry to hear about steve's job. I will keep you in my prayers as well. I loved that quote!!
I'm so happy to see you back at your blog! I've missed your updates. 51 degrees is super cold! I think I'm going to freeze when I wake up and it's 65 in the house. I guess it is all about perspective, right? :) We are thinking of you all and you are in our prayers.
That's my favorite quote now too! Congratulations on baby #4! I love you too. :)
Post a Comment