Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow Day!

Who gets a snow day from church? We did! That's right... yesterday, church was cancelled due to the snow. The problem here is that they're not equiped for the snow, so the streets don't get plowed (except the freeways), so the roads are icy and dangerous. Aparently we have more than they normally get here...it is absolutely beautiful! All the evergreens are flocked with snow and it's just breathtaking. We stayed home all day yesterday. The kids went out and played in the snow in the morning for a while. On Friday (Kenneth's 3rd snow day of the week), I broke out the snow clothes that were a Christmas Present, and gave them to the kids early so they could get some use out of them. It's made a huge difference in how long they play in the snow. Kenneth slept with his new gloves on his hands the first 2 nights after he got them. Today I'll have Steve take a few more photos to post. When we went to bed last night it was still snowing. I'll tell you what...it's been a LONG TIME since I've seen this much snow. We easily have a foot...but we'll take a tape measure out and measure when we take pictures.

Today I'm having the pesky growth in my mouth removed (again....for the 3rd time). Yeesh. Wish me luck! Our family who were going to come for Christmas have postponed their trip until a time when the passes in N. California and Oregon are not covered in snow and ice. So - we'll have a simple, low-key Christmas here. Steve's brother and his nephew are coming (via air plane) the day after Christmas to stay for a few days, so we'll still have SOME fun! :) Well...stay tuned for more photos.....

2 comments:

Angela said...

Good luck today. Call me and let me know how your procedure went, and what you know about your package from me. Love ya!

Mandi Roth said...

hey!! Good luck. I hope all goes well. Can't believe you had a snow day from church.. hehe! Kind of funny! I hope all is well.