Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sequim...again

We had another fantastic weekend in Sequim! We just love it there. We got there LATE Friday night and went straight to bed. Saturday we got up and went to the Oak Table (a family favorite), then to a candle shop that I found on the internet. I got some yummy-smelling candles to go in my new Mother's Day votive holders. :) We headed over to the Game Farm (pictures to come). We all got a kick out of making the bears (trained - Disney bears) sit up before we'd throw them bread. The kids and Steve got a kick out of me getting grossed out that the HUGE Elk was LICKING MY WINDOW!!! YUCK!! The car in front of us wouldn't move and so I couldn't even avoid it. We saw prarie dogs (so cute) and Peacocks (SO BEAUTIFUL!!!). Did you know when Peacocks get mad they rattle their feathers....it sounds just like a rattle snake! I couldn't believe it. There was a sea gull getting too close and the peacock was NOT happy. It was a amazing. We went to the beach and hiked down to the spit. The kids threw rocks into the ocean and played in the sand. We grabbed some Mexican food for dinner before heading over to the High School for the Wizard of Oz. Seriously - amazing show!!! The actors and actresses were fabulous, and they rented flying equipment from Las Vegas and everyone flew on and off the stage (think - tornado scene - witches - good and bad - flying monkeys - etc.) VERY COOL! The music and choreography were fantastic. Any show that can keep all 3 of my kids entertained for a solid 2 1/2 hours MUST be good!

The highlight of the weekend, however, was going to church this morning. It was so good to see so many familiar faces and feel like I was "home". Bill Keith recognized me right off, Rena Keith said she didn't recognize me, but she said Daniel looked just like Danny and David Fellingham. Isn't that cute? I thought it was fun. Jim Heintz is the bishop, Lamar Millett was there, Myrna Duce came over and said hello. So many others..... it was so fun. All 3 kids said they want to move to Sequim on our way "home". We'd move there in a heart-beat.

Anyway, I'll share some fun Game Farm photos later....so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait to see pics. i wish my weekend was the fun. mine was very busy!!!!

Buchanans said...

Joy!

Can't believe your back in Washington..you guys are the movers! I would love to keep in touch better and add you to my blog list!

Cousin Rachel