It's April 16th. That's a happy thing. I took Daniel & Caitlin to the children's discovery museum here this morning. They had a GREAT time, so I bought a pass so we can go back on a regular basis. They are at JUST the RIGHT ages for that. Daniel could build something in every room. It's not enormous and parking is less than ideal, but we'll just go first thing when they open, and I'm sure we'll get our money's worth. I didn't take my camera, but I promised them we'd go back tomorrow and pack a lunch so we could play all morning long. I'll take my camera tomorrow.
News from the weekend...2 things:
1) We had crab on Saturday night. We bought them LIVE. One of them was 3.04 lbs! The other 2 were about 2.35 lbs or so. That was a LOT of crab. We boiled them ourselves (thanks to my bday present from Ang), and everyone ate until we couldn't eat any more. Steve and I have never had to stop eating crab because we were FULL! It was amazing. I wish I'd taken some pictures. Next time...
2) When I went to buy the crab they were having a once a year halibut sale. You purchase a halibut (entire fish) for $6.99/lb. and tell them whether you want it in filets or steaks and they cut it for you and package it for you and you bring it home...bones/head and all. (Apparently people around here either compost the bones or use them for a broth to make chowder out of...ours are in the freezer until we figure out what to do with them). We bought one that was 15+ pounds and now we've got a freezer full of halibut. We're trying it out for the first time tonight...so we'll let you know how it is. Hopefully it was worth it! We figured...when in Seattle, do as the Seattlites - right?
The weather was beautiful on Saturday and we seized the day and worked in the yard all day. I got all my flowers (that I started inside as seeds) planted, and Steve built me a trellis for my peas and some climbing flowers. I'll have to post a picture once we get the string all strung on it. It got up to 82 degrees...downright hot! :) Sunday it was back to rain, but before it started...we went on an adventure. We went for the same walk I took with the kids during Spring Break to the hidden park. Daniel and Kenneth rode their bikes, and Steve brought Tasha - so we were all together. We had a great time. Steve played a little catch with Kenneth, and Caitlin and Daniel and I played on the playscape. We didn't bring a watch or a phone - we just enjoyed the time together. It was a wonderful way to enjoy not having church until 1pm.
Monday night we went to the Mariners vs. Kansas City baseball game. It was so FUN!!! Of course, we LOVE to cheer for John Buck! We were 25 rows back - right behind the catcher. Unfortunately, he said he couldn't hear me cheering - but I assure you - I cheered with the best of them. I'm sure the people around me knew who I was cheering for! :) We went in our KC garb and we got heckled on the elevator! We got to meet one of Brooke's cousins (on her mom's side) and we all went to Denny's after the game. It was wonderful as always.
So - despite my deadline, our life here has continued. I've got lots of unpacking to do now - and laundry and housework to catch up on (it would help if I could REMEMBER where I packed the Vacuum bags!). But - this weekend we're heading to the Spring Fair! (See www.thefair.com) We're going with some of Steve's family - it will be lots of fun! We're even going to the demolition derby on Saturday night. We're looking forward to a fun weekend. I promise I'll try to remember to bring the camera!
3 comments:
Joy, you make me miss Seattle so much!!!
This sounds like so much fun!!! We can't wait to come and see you guys. I'm glad you made it past the hardest part of your year.
The baseball game sounds awesome! It will be fun to have a major league team so close. At least, it's an AL team so they will play the Royals.
SO glad you're past the 15th! Enjoy it.
Post a Comment