Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Sadness
I don't even know how to say this except to say that the cycle of life is weighing heavily upon me these days. Monday a friend from high school passed away. Yesterday, a dear friend in Las Vegas passed away. I am shocked and saddened by the news. It makes me contemplate just how fragile mortality is. It makes me reflect on my beliefs and my faith. It causes me to analyze my own life - were it to end tomorrow, have I been the person I wanted to be? Have I done what I was sent to do? I'd have to answer this question with a no. I'm comforted that my dear friend could answer this question with a yes. He was kind, compassionate, energetic, unselfish, and giving. He was a fantastic father and husband. A huge hole is left where he was. My heart aches for his sweet family. I wish I were still close and could drop in on those empty days to come. I will be making a trip back to Las Vegas this weekend, and another one in a month or 2. I yearn to know what to say, but there isn't anything to say, but hearts can communicate volumes. This life is about learning, growing, and improving day by day. I have a long way to go. Many thanks to those who have entertwined their lives with mine to teach me and help me improve. I'll miss you dearly, my friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Joy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you'll be able to make it back down there. It's always hard to know what to say, but being there will mean a lot to the family. You are a good friend!
Love,
Julie
Oh i am so sorry. These things are hard. Continue to pray and know what to say, and to feel comfort. You are a very special person, and I am sure your heart will speak loudly when you meet again. I love you and sorry for your loss.
Good luck on the flight there and back. Our hearts are with you. We love you guys.
Post a Comment