Sunday, March 02, 2008
Update
We are nearly packed up. Tomorrow I am working (still have lots of that to do before I can go), Tuesday I'll finish packing (I think I'm about 10-20 boxes out), Wednesday the container comes and the Happy Movers are loading it for me. I also have a 6:30pm app't with the Bishop on Wednesday. As of today, he is sweating bullets - still doesn't know who to replace me with. :) Steve was here for a family wedding on Friday and he helped us yesterday - all the beds are dismantled, and Kenneth's desk is dismantled, and the shelves in the garage are all ready to go. I've still got to pack/organize the rest of my office. I have 2 computers left to pack up, too. I will keep one computer and my laser printer with me for tax prep. The other computer will ship with the rest of our stuff. Steve has an app't to go through another house tomorrow up there. We signed a 2 year lease today for this home. They move in on Saturday. Things are moving very quickly at this point. A BIG HUGE thank you to Elise for coming - she did more than she'll ever understand....and to the Jones family...so amazingly wonderfully helpful. We had a great week. Steve is safely back in Seattle, and we're officially alone in our home. The kids have had a rough couple of weeks (acting out, very teary, etc.). They were much better while Steve was here...just more evidence that we need to be together as a family. We'll pull out next Monday (the 10th) - drive to Fresno to see Jan & Sara, then head on up to Sacramento. We'll stay with the Davis family for a couple of days, then continue up to Seattle. It'll be me, the kids, our gecko, dog, the redwood tree, and my computer...oh, yeah, we'll be towing the boat, too. :) What an adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Luck Laytons... We'll be thinking of you. You'll love seattle, we did!
-the Klofts
Hi Joy,
Thanks for the update. That's great news about getting your house rented. I plan to give you a call in the next week to check on you. What a whirlwind! It sounds like you are facing it with great spirit as always.
Love,
Julie
Post a Comment