Friday, March 21, 2008

Every Day an Adventure

Kenneth has decided he likes taking the bus. The bus stop is at the entrance to our little section of the neighborhood. Luckily for all of us, the bus doesn't come until 8:45am. So....I loaded up Daniel & Caitlin in the stroller (complete with hats...it's COLD), and we all walked to the bus stop. We returned home and ran to the bank and the post office. We had to get money for the craigslist guy and wheat, and talk to the PO about why we haven't been getting our mail. We also took a little drive so I can continue exploring the surrounding area...I found Costco this morning, and another lake (there are lots of those around here). That out of the way, I bathed the 2 little ones and worked on unpacking. I didn't get too awfully far before it was lunch time. I told Caitlin and Daniel if they ate all their apples for lunch we'd leave early to pick up Kenneth from the bus and go looking for caterpillars. (They found a caterpillar the other day while we were planting rose bushes and it provided hours of enjoyment). So, eventually, when she figured out I was serious, Caitlin ate her apples and we headed out. We got about 4 houses away and it started to rain, then hail. I took the opportunity to teach the kids about hail and we continued on our walk. On the way to the bus stop, we found a park! It's really close and it has a pond with ducks. We picked up Kenneth and showed him the new park on our way home. I told the kids that we had to wait for the guy to bring me my washer & dryer and then we could go back to the park. So....last night on Craigslist I found a washer & dryer that are Kenmore and only 3 years old for $275 and the guy selling them said he would DELIVER them! Isn't that great? I was EXTATIC!!! No more laundromat for me. At long last (he got stuck in traffic), he showed up, installed the washer and dryer and left. I took the kids to the park for an hour (it rained on and off....I guess I have to get used to that), then we came home and ate a big snack. I sang to Caitlin for a while on the couch and she fell asleep. Then we loaded back into the car (it's 5pm) to head to the Canery for our church. Missy called me and told me to stock up on wheat...so stock up I did. I got 400 pounds of hard white wheat. On the way home we stopped at Safeway. I told each of the kids they could choose one thing for dinner (dad's out of town....mom didn't have a fancy dinner planned). Kenneth chose Green Bean Casserole. Daniel and Caitlin chose peaches and bananas. They each chose a 1/2 gallon of ice cream, too. So, after stopping at the grocery store, everyone was very hungry, so we came home and ate. After a LONG, ROUGH bedtime process, I sat down to work. Now it's 2:20am and I think it's time to hit the hay. 'Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm liking this posting every day thing you have going. It's fun to see what you guys are up to. I'm so happy you got a washer and dryer. Those are pretty much necessities when you have 3 kids. It seems like I do laundry practically every day, although less since Benjamin's surgeries (not as many leaks).

Happy caterpillar hunting!

Elise said...

Wow. You make me tired just reading about what you do...crazy woman. I hope a routine soon appears and that boxes start to disappear. I love you.