Steve just got to Bellevue, Washington. He will spend tomorrow going through several rental houses and then start work on Tuesday morning. A new chapter begins.....
He left Saturday, later than planned, but he finished the wood on the stairs down to the sunken living room before he left. He left about 4 hours before Elise arrived with Emily & Jacob. We had a lovely dinner and attended church today. We tried to keep the Sabbath Day holy, but we did break down and clean the kitchen tonight. (It was beyond bad). Tomorrow we'll start full bore packing/cleaning/painting, etc. I've got a friend from church coming over to help me paint at 10am. She and I are going to tackle the interior doors. I've got some white semi-gloss...I know it will make a HUGE difference. These doors are so cheap. Hopefully we can get that done in a couple of hours and I won't take up her entire day. Then Elise and I can resume packing. I have a MOUND of laundry to get done as well. And...before anything else happens I've got to trim the carpet downstairs into Grammie's room. 2 kids have cut their toes today on the carpet tack strip I laid down this morning, or last night. Maybe I'll go do that now.
Well, the plan is that as soon as I can get everything packed up and cleaned, we'll call the happy movers and ABF and get this show on the road. That means I'll be doing tax season in transit, but Angela will help me by checking my mail and forwarding everything important to me. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up on everything I need to get done. I anticipate getting released from my extensive church obligations before too long.
I guess I'll leave you with one cute story. The other morning I heard Caitlin downstairs saying "I'm Caitlin Joy Layton, YOU Tasha Joy Layton." :) (tasha is our dog)
1 comment:
Oooo! It's driving me crazy that I'm missing all the fun. Save a little work for me, will you? Good luck with everything. I'm glad that you've decided to just go and not wait for the house to rent first. I think that will be better for everyone. Love you lots. Tell Elise and Angela hello for me.
Post a Comment