Saturday, January 19, 2008

Caucus, Schmocus

Well, this morning was the Nevada Caucus. We had a LATE soccer game last night (we got killed-it wasn't pretty)...a BIG THANK YOU goes out to Erin & Kevin for watching our kids. We got home about 12:40am and to bed around 2 or so. Steve got up at 5 and went to work (crazy man). I got all the kids up and made pancakes and we were all ready and Steve came home and we went to the caucus. We got there at 9:15am. The parking lot wasn't nearly as full as I thought it would be. We parked and walked up to the building (it was at a local high school) and some lady asked us if we were there for the caucus. We said we were and she said, "You're too late. They closed the doors at 9. You can't go in now." We were so bummed. I was excited about doing my civic duty and going to a caucus! How disappointing. I had to WAKE UP ALL 3 of my kids! I thought 9:15am was pretty good considering our late night. Yeesh. Well, so our votes didn't go toward the primary election in Nevada. Shoot.

3 comments:

Elise said...

geesh...considering Vegas is a NIGHT city...that sure is early to close the doors on the good folks willing to do thier civic duty! Kudos to you for being there and trying, right?

Erin said...

Don't feel bad, the same thing happened to my sister. However, she got in the doors but because of lack of signage & direction, didn't get IN LINE by the right time & was then told she couldn't participate. That's crappy. I really don't think the local media gave a whole lot of info or direction on the whole process & rules. Oh well, there's always November, right? Hopefully you won't have to wake your kiddos up for that one!

Jerolyn said...

Hey stopping by to say... Good times! Good times! Let's do it again soon!