Well, it appears for the moment, Steve won't be traveling to New York. They've been hit by their worst storms since 1992 this weekend, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. He's at work now trying to solve the ongoing problems, and he probably will still go to New York (that's according to me; not him), but it won't be tomorrow. We have a fun family weekend planned not next weekend but the following weekend (that's also our 10 year wedding anniversary), so I'm hoping his trip doesn't intrude on that trip (I'm really looking forward to that trip!). I'll let you know as I learn more.
I forgot to mention in my LONG post yesterday that we're reaping the rewards of gardening. We have eaten (well, I haven't, but the kids have) a few strawberries, and we've got broccoli on each of our 6 broccoli plants, and one tomato on our tomato plant. :) Such are the joys of living in a warm winter area. My bushes that a mom of one of Angela's preschoolers recommended we plant are flowering as well; so our back yard is quite enjoyable these days. Oh - and my rosemary bushes are starting to be fragrant, too!
2 comments:
Ooooh! A garden that's producing already--I'm jealous. We just bought the seeds, but haven't even started them inside yet, because we still can't plant outside for another month. (sigh) I guess there are pros and cons to everywhere you live, right? I read your comment about the storms in New York and realized today is the Boston Marathon. I looked at their website and they are going to have atrocious conditions--up to 5 inches of rain, wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour, and temperatures in the 30's. Yikes! I think I would have to pass on running in those conditions, even if it is the most prestigious marathon in the country. Crazy. Enjoy having Steve in town while it lasts. I'll remind Annie about the letter. She started one to Kenneth when she got his last letter, but I don't think she ever finished it. (She takes after her dad in that department). :0)
Love you guys!
Well, at least he didn't get up there and then get stuck. It's much better being in your own home.
We planted some flowers yesterday. We haven't done that in a long time so it will be nice to have something to look at outside. Of course, Sean walked right past them and didn't even notice. Sheesh! Emma will have fun. She always gets excited to water them.
Yesterdary, Alex mentioned (without prompting) that he needed to write a letter to Kenneth. Hopefully, he'll follow up on it and get one out soon.
Post a Comment