Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend Update

I had a great weekend in Santa Barbara. I got a lot of work done, and I read a book! I read "Push Not the River" by James Martin Conroyd. It's about a countess during the time of the Polish uprising. (1790's). It's based on the diaries of the Countess and her cousin. It was an OK book, but it had a kind of a Romeo and Juliet storyline and that drives me crazy.

Steve's weekend is still going....and going....

he left with the kids Saturday morning and got to Fresno to his mom's house at about 3pm to discover that she was at Target. So - he took the kids to Target and told them to go find her. He surprised her and they had a great afternoon/evening together. He left there at about 9 this morning to go surprise his brother in Elk Grove. Then he went on a scenic drive (rather than coming straight home). He just now got back to Fresno (it's after 9pm). I encouraged him to stop and sleep for a while before continuing on, so we'll see them sometime tomorrow. It sounds like they've had a wonderfully adventurous weekend.

I got motion sick on the air plane on the way home. I can't remember the last time I got that nauseated...I came home and took a long nap, and now I'm feeling marginally better. Hopefully by tomorrow morning it'll all be through me and I'll feel much better.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad you had a good and productive week-end! Your kids must be awesome car travellers. How did he manage with Caitlin? Does Kenneth have to sit next to her?