Monday, March 12, 2007

Fun weekend

Steve took the kids to Mt. Charleston this weekend, and took some fun photos (see below). I've also posted one of my Caitlin with my sister's Emily...aren't they cute? Emily is 3 weeks younger than Caitlin...Elise & I really have fun with those 2! Today was busy with work - then cleaning. Angela saved my bacon by taking Caitlin while I cleaned. She became very clingy and whiny just as I needed to get my rear in gear. I got a lot done, and I feel much better about me and my house now. Tomorrow I'll concentrate on laundry....and I need to bake more bread. I'm still loving my new bosch. It's amazing. I actually use the blender a lot, too! I borrowed my friend's wheat grinder while mine is in for repairs, and it's amazing. If you ever need a wheat grinder - get a Whisper Mill. They're SO quiet (hence the name :) ) and SO fast! It's amazing. I'm learning more and more about wheat. Red wheat is more dense than white wheat. It's fun to try different recipes with the different wheats and discover the differences. I finished Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand tonight. Wow - what a book! It was over 1100 pages - my personal best by far - and it was an amazing book. I really enjoyed it. It's amazing to think that it was published in 1958. Her ideas must have been quite radical at that time. I haven't decided whether or not to read the precurser to that book, The Fountainhead. Not for a while, anyway...I've got to get caught up in other areas of my life, first! :)
I found out tonight that one of our friend's father had a stroke. His name is Ernie Lea. Please say an extra prayer for Ernie tonight. He has surgery tomorrow morning.
This blog is kind of random tonight - but I have HAPPY NEWS!!! Our friends, Debbie & Nancy, from Texas are COMING TO VISIT US!!! We are SO EXCITED!!! They're coming over the Memorial Day weekend and we're already counting down! Yea! We haven't seen them for over a year (well, I saw them last April, but the boys didn't). Anyway, we're very excited to see them SOON!!!
Angela got her back yard graded today - it looks awesome - they took out all the big boulders...what a big difference! I'm sad that they might move, but I'm trying to keep a level head about allowing them to do what they think is best without making it harder on them. I so enjoy having them so close!
Kenneth & I went to the library this evening - I had to renew Atlas Shrugged for my friend to read before book club. Anyway, they're having a program where kids 4-12 can read 5 books from the public library and earn a free burger from In-N-Out. Kenneth read his 5 books before we even got home! He gets to earn up to 3 burgers, so we'll have to go back and get him 10 more books to read. He is a good reader, and I can hardly keep him stocked well enough right now. I ordered $40 of chapter books from his last bookorder and he's almost through all of those already. I go to the library a lot these days.
We got the information in the mail about Steve's commencement at the University of Idaho on May 12th. I'm pretty excited. He's worked very hard for this. I know he's nervous about the class he's taking now, but I'm sure he'll be great - just like always. This is a goal he's had for a long time, and I'm excited to see him accomplish it.
Well, Steve just came up so I guess I'd better be finished with my rambling. We're all doing well, and grateful for our blessings every day.









No comments: