Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's AMAZING!!!

Well - big news today! Our back yard is IN!!! Retaining wall, bushes, rocks, edging, sprinklers and even grass! YIPEE!!! It got too dark before I could take "after" photos, but Darrel lent us his camera and Steve went out and took "before" photos...so, I'll take "after" photos tomorrow and share them with you! Prepare to be amazed! We even made Tasha a 10X10 area by the gate where she likes to look out so she won't be on rocks! Eventually we will build her a shade section there, and probably a dog house....someday. Also, eventually, we'd like to put some lattice by the patio and put planters in for flowers and cover the patio and build a deck and.......you know how it goes.....anyway - this is a HUGE step in the right direction and our back yard is no longer an eye sore! YEA! The boys waited until the workers left and then went right out and played tether ball (Kenneth & Johnathan). Then they stayed out there and played a made up game until we made them break for basketball practice. Daniel was in pajamas until 6pm - so it must have been a good day, eh? I also fixed Catilin's hair in a more "grown up" hair do today....she's growing up SO MUCH SO FAST I can hardly believe it. I pulled it into "some up and some down" - that's what my mom always called it. It was darling on her. I just hate that her car seat smashes down all her curls before we get any place! She's repeating words more and more every day - even when I yell for one of her brothers....or even when Daniel yells at me....woops....we'll have to work on that one. She's also getting more words of her own like "treat" and "yesh". She's a pro at "no", but she usually says it very cute. I'm having a wonderful time wearing all the new pants I bought while I was in California. Daniel has his 4 yr check up tomorrow (ouch - lots of shots). I'll share photos as soon as I can!

No comments: