Saturday, December 16, 2006

Burns, scars, and sore mouths

Well, as if I didn't have enough discomfort in my mouth....I got a huge cancer sore! Geesh. Well, it's sure taking my mind off the hole in the roof of my mouth! Ouch!

Yesterday we played at the park, and played at home. It was a lovely day.

Caitlin got a burn on her head last week and she's on antibiotics and I'm putting silvadine cream on it multiple times daily. She's wearing gauze around her head to keep the silvadine cream covered, and she looks like "Ninja girl". Steve says I should take a picture, but my camera is still missing. Anyway, hopefully it will heal OK.

Today we're organizing, cleaning, and getting ready for next week. Steve just found out he's leaving for New York on Sunday. He's not very happy about it. The last time he traveled for work back East, he got stuck in Atlanta in some crummy hotel on his 30th birthday. He's very bitter. Hopefully there won't be any storms or anything crazy happen that would prevent him from returning home on Thursday. We plan to leave and start our "Christmas vacation" on Friday.

Tonight we have a very special date planned. Angela and I have been planning it for over a month as a surprise to Darrel & Steve. We're going to have a wonderful evening, and I'm so looking forward to it!

We've got all but 2 gifts bought for Christmas, and that's such a good feeling. I've wrapped all my presents this year and put them under the tree (ahead of time!)...I know...don't faint! Anyway, it's been a very nice Christmas season for us. We went to the ward party last night and it was very nice.

Steve's at work (grumble, grumble). Hopefully he'll be home soon.

1 comment:

Elise said...

What are you guys doing with the hubbies? What is the special date! I am so curious! Please post about it soon! Hope you have a GREAT time tonight!