Thursday, November 16, 2006

Losing....and life

Well, I'm finally losing weight. That is good news...I'm down at least 7 pounds, and sometimes 9. Angela and I have been exercising a lot and it seems like my legs are always a bit sore. I finished the last of the white meat turkey leftovers today, and that is always a sad moment. Caitlin had the best day she's had in WEEKS today....no moaning, griping, crying, whining, etc. She was happy - I even heard her LAUGH! I'm pretty sure she's finally feeling better now. We are all finished with our antibiotics (Kenneth was the only one to NOT take any - and he's the one in public school!). The week has been filled with preparations for our big trip that starts next week....getting the oil changed, etc. etc. This weekend I'm going to attempt to change the transmission fluid in both cars - wish me luck on that. Kenneth also has his last soccer game of the season on Saturday and we'll have a pizza party after the game. I signed him up for basketball this week - and that will begin the 2nd week of December. I'm still waiting to hear from Delta Dental about my periodontic surgery....hoping to hear any day. When I called them last week they said they'd be mailing my letter out this week. I'd like to get that scheduled and overwith. Today I got all my visiting teaching done, and it was so nice. I met a new sister who was added to our route, and she had such a sweet spirit. I was so glad to visit with her and pray with her....and, of course I love visiting my other "regulars" as well. We got unexpected news this week that Steve's company will be shutting down between Christmas and New Years. We weren't too excited about the "unplanned" vacation, but we're making the best of it and we should end up having a great holiday! It will be really nice to have a week as a family...and we'll probably spend some time in San Francisco and other fun places! My mom is coming through here tomorrow night, and of course we're looking forward to seeing her. Tonight Steve is back at work and as soon as I finish this post, I'll be working, too. I guess that's just about all the news....

3 comments:

Elise said...

CONGRATULATIONS on such a great weight loss! Hooray for you! Can't wait to see your lighter self next week! Love you!

Julie said...

Yeah for you! That's awesome. I know you have been working really hard at it.

I'm glad Caitlin is feeling better and smiling again. I know what you mean about a kid that doesn't smile and laugh. I can tell when Benjamin doesn't feel well because he does the same thing. Then when he finally does laugh, it's like a breath of fresh air!

Shauna said...

Sorry about the unplanned vacation. That stinks, although I'm sure it will be nice to have your husband home with you for the holidays. Enjoy it. I'm so proud of you for losing weight, too! Way to go. Keep up the good work and have a super fun time on your cruise.