Today was a lovely day in Las Vegas....the kind of day that is "payoff" for living here. I took Caitlin, Daniel & Zachary to the park this morning and we stayed for over an hour. Then, we took all the kids except Alex back later this evening. It's just a nice time in Vegas. I didn't do any cleaning today, just hung out with kids. I did sneak time to call my dear friend in Texas, Nancy, and we had a good chat. I am so pleased that she sounds so good following some serious health challenges. It seems she's on the mend, for which I am truly grateful. I miss our friends there so much, but no one more than Nancy & Debbie. It is a huge hole in our lives, not having them around.
Daniel got his first "speech therapy" of the school year today (after much ado) and I didn't see any progress. It's so hard to switch teachers, isn't it? Gosh, Mrs. Eades was so good with him and I saw marked improvement after each and every session (except the one he fell asleep in :0). This teacher is new - just did her student teaching last year, and I have a feeling she has a way to go in honing her new skill.
I bought the kids their Halloween costumes today - well, Angela bought Caitlin's and I bought the boys'. Caitlin will be a lady bug (darling outfit - thanks, Ang), and Daniel will be a Power Ranger (I need to add velcro to the belt - he's a little slim for the outfit) and Kenneth will be Darth Vadar. Kenneth is the only one who chose what he was going to be before we went to Saver's. I need to add a button to the costume, and fix one part, and buy a mask, but it's a cool costume, and it was $7.99 less 20%. So - who's complaining?
Steve got home in time to spend some time with me this evening, which was a real treat, and very well received. I'm trying to talk him into going on the family cruise this Thanksgiving. I just feel like we need a vacation together.....can you blame me? Oh, well. I guess he's got to decide for himself, eh? Kenneth overheard us discussing it, and he said he didn't like being left with a babysitter.....oh, no. How am I going to recover on this one? I've got to find someone who he'll consider it a treat to spend a weekend with, so he doesn't feel neglected. I don't blame him. I used to hate it when my mom went to Utah for a week for Education Week every year. At least this will only be 4 days.
Anyway, another day in the life of the Laytons in Las Vegas.
No comments:
Post a Comment