Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22, 2016

Yesterday was super rough.  Today Steve's color doesn't look good, but I called the doc and they aren't concerned enough to draw blood or see him before next Wednesday.  Sometimes I am not a fan of doctors....the receptionist said, "Well, if he's not eating or drinking or if his blood pressure is low or if he's dizzy or faint...then we'd fit him in"...YES YES YES...he's all of those things!!!  I told you that!!!  And....his color is off and he's unusually fatigued!!!  But....they can't fit him in until later, and I figured getting him home from radiation and hooked up to some fluids was the best thing I could do.  So, he's getting fluids and resting in his bed now.  His port is accessed, so it would have taken them about 30 seconds to draw his blood...but I guess they're not concerned.  Geesh.  Sometimes this process is superbly frustrating.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sorry it's so frustrating right now. I hope he starts to feel a little better very soon. It does seem weird that they couldn't at least just do a blood draw since his port was already accessed. That would have given them a lot of information very quickly without Steve having to run around town...Love you guys.

Josh said...

I'm logged in on Josh's computer, but this is Kim. It is so incredibly frustrating. Especially with symptoms and changes. And when you and Steve know what is "new normal" and what is "scary new," it's even more frustrating. Prayers, prayers, and mighty prayers!

Shauna said...

Ugh. Joy! I'm so sorry. I hate when doctors don't listen! Blah. That stinks. We'll say an extra prayer tonight. Love you guys!