What a lovely weekend we had. It was so nice to get a break from radiation. Steve had a little more energy. He ran a soccer meeting and this morning he coached a practice. He loves those boys.
Our church service was really really fantastic yesterday. It was really encouraging....just what I needed. I've found recently that going to church gives me strength in a way it never has before. The sense of community and love and support that I feel really fills my cup on top of feeling the love of my Heavenly Father and the comfort of the Holy Ghost.
Yesterday the overriding theme was "you're doing better than you think you are". Sometimes we need to hear that instead of all the things we SHOULD be doing. Our neighbors have been so supportive and loving and we are so blessed.
Steve went down to my parents' with me last night so I could cut some heads of hair and he even watched some soccer with my dad.
We are both dreading this week, but the sooner we get going the sooner it will be behind us.
Thanks for checking on us.
1 comment:
Good luck this week w/ chemo! I hope it goes as smoothly and with as few side effects as possible.
Post a Comment