Monday, May 02, 2016
Overwhelmed with Love...
Yesterday was a big day. Our entire church congregation learned of Steve's new diagnosis. It was so overwhelming to be surrounded by so much love. Every person I saw was empathetic and kind. Each person who was close enough to me gave me a hug and let me cry on their shoulder. We are SO blessed to be surrounded by such kind, loving people. Also last night, Steve's brother and his wife arrived. They have come to support us through this week. (2 of his sisters came on Fri/Sat). Then today we had 4 separate angels come to help us with various things. One angel came to look at a leaky shower, one ran a new circuit to my office so my house won't burn down (a constant worry I've had since expanding my home office), and two separate families brought multiple dinners. Oh - and another angel agreed to put together another musical number for our worship services next Sunday because she knew I couldn't do one more thing. Wow. Humbling. We're still feeling some anxiety as we wait for Wednesday to come, but we are trying to exercise faith in a loving God who watches over us. Yesterday evening my family (and a few friends) knelt in prayer at 4:45pm and exercised faith on Steve's behalf. I know God hears our prayers, and I know He'll be with us through this journey. My eyes have been more open to others in need...dear friends who are also facing health challenges, and personal struggles. My prayers also go up on their behalf. I know God will bless them as well. We will walk on this path with many angels by our sides. Thank you to each person reading this blog...for you are one of those angels. We appreciate you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment