Yesterday treatment started. Steve felt a sense of dread. As for me.....Steve's pain has been so bad (back to morphine to doubling to tripling the dose all in less than 10 days), I feel like anything that might eventually make him feel better.....well let's do it.
We started at UVRMC for blood work, the steroid and both chemos. We met Megan and Jeremy. They were lovely people who lightened the mood and helped distract us. I asked if I could include them in my prayers.
We went straight from there to AF hospital for radiation. It was hard to drive past Cove Point in Provo. I missed my sweet grandmother who passed just a few short weeks ago.
Steve has a "walk-med"...a pump that looks shockingly like a Walkman. It will pump 2 tsp of 5FU per hour into Steve for 96 hours.
He started sweating profusely as soon as they started the chemo and he's had several bouts of hiccups which doesn't help at all with the underlying nausea.
Kenneth had his soccer banquet last night...he had a fantastic season. Then Darrel came and helped me fix the toilet. I had futzed with it for over an hour and he fixed it in about 15 minutes. I really appreciated his assistance. What would I do if I didn't have help? I'd never make it....
Right now Steve is having radiation #2. Thanks for checking in on him.
2 comments:
Is he on or can he be on anti-nausea meds?
He has 3 different anti-nausea meds. I gave him Zofran before we left, but it didn't help. I gave him compazine when we got home, and he's sleeping soundly. His home health nurse came to start his IV and give him his B12 shot, and he was pretty woozy through the entire visit.
Post a Comment