Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We have all safely arrived in Utah, except our boat. It had a mishap outside of LaGrande, OR, and is still there until they find a new axle for the trailer. At which point, we'll drive back up to get it. Other than that, the move has gone smoothly so far. The movers were great, and it was such a blessing to have our good friends, the Griffiths, willing to host us for a few days before we left town. They did a lot more than host us, actually.....

We are settling into my folks' basement, and today we got all the clothes taken out of boxes and suit cases, so I can actually vacuum now. Yay. It is so close to Christmas, it feels like when we come to visit in the summer - no schedule, lots of hanging around up stairs with family, etc. Once the holiday passes, we'll have to settle into more of a routine.

We have looked at several homes, but I'm taking a few days off to celebrate Christmas. Last night Steve & I got to go Christmas shopping and it was so nice. Tonight we vanquished all the kids to the basement and all the adults wrapped presents and so that project is done, too. Happy day. (I'm sure some of you can appreciate how grateful I was to have help wrapping presents). Angela and her family arrived this evening, so we've got a full house and LOTS of presents under the tree.

The kids are LOVING the snow. They've played in it every day and they've made a snow man and they've gone sledding.

Steve is off for the weekend now, and we're all looking forward to some daddy time.

I hope everyone has a safe, wonderful, happy Christmas.

2 comments:

The Gillmans said...

So glad you are here safe. Good luck with the house hunting!....you sure you don't want to buy/rent mine? ;)
--shari

Paige said...

Can I be honest and say that I'm not ENTIRELY happy that you got to Utah safely? I'm happy about the "safely" part, but not so much the "got to Utah" part....