Tuesday, November 10, 2009

From Steve...

Joy got to the hospital early (5:20ish) and received her Pitocin drip around 6:30 am....Around that time I was still comfy in bed snoozing......

I finally meandered into the hospital around 7:30, about the time the doctor 'broke the water'.....Things progressed quickly after that and she was deemed to be in full active labor at about 9:00am.

At exactly 12:16pm, after a fair amount of pushing, Patrick Russell Layton was born, although he came out kicking and screaming all the way! (No, really, ask Joy! He was kicking inside all the way out!)

He measured 21.25 inches long (as per the official measurement), 9.00 lbs, and with a head circumference of 14.5 inches. (Ouch!)

Both mom and baby are doing well, and are resting.

We'll get pictures posted as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I am super-impatiently waiting for pictures of mini-Daniel! Hope he continues to do well! Patrick? Is that the final, official name? So cute! Love you guys!

Amanda said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! He's here!

Chad and Barbi's family said...

Congratulations!! He has a very cool birthday!

Mandi Roth said...

SO Happy for you guys! Love the name too! :) Congratulations!!