Sunday, July 26, 2009

I survived!

I survived the Cub Scout camp this week. It was quite a venture. I'm glad I did it - I won't do it again. There were some definite hiccups in the days leading up to it that took a lot out of me emotionally. Fundamentally, however, the camp was successful and the boys had a great time. There were 154 scouts, about 30 siblings in our TAG program, and almost 100 parents each night. It was no trivial undertaking, and I couldn't have done it without the great team I had - and especially Steve. His support was unending and made such a difference.

I have been having more and more contractions as the week progressed, and I have heeded Elise's warnings and taken it VERY easy for the last 2 days. We've pretty much decided to put me on bed rest until the contractions go away. I have a doctor's app't on Tuesday and I will have another ultra sound then, as well, so it will be nice to get an update. Tomorrow is Kenneth's 10th birthday. He's counting down the minutes. He had his birthday party yesterday - pretty low key - we had 5 boys over and they played Guitar hero and enjoyed pizza and birthday cake.

Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf. I'm sure that's the only way I made it through the week.

A BIG thank you to Sami for sacrificing her time and allowing Steve to stay here with me. It really meant the world to me to have him here. Besides the support, he had to load and unload my car every day as we had to take the Tahoe in for some repairs. (I know - terrible timing).

I'm very glad to have last week behind me, and I'm looking forward to a much more relaxing summer. However, I'm NOT looking forward to the heat wave they're predicting for us....mid to upper nineties??? WHAT??? We live in SEATTLE for crying in the soup! And we DON'T have air conditioning!!! Well, I'm sure we'll survive the heat.

1 comment:

Chad and Barbi's family said...

You're one of those persons that can get through just about anything and do a great job! I had full confidence in you that you would get through it. Now sit, relax, and do nothing!! Miss you tons!