Monday, June 15, 2009

Hawaii - winding down


This is Steve DRIVING the 55' catamaran we went on. The captain was so nice to let Steve have a turn, and he got to drive it for almost 30 minutes! It was like "Make a Wish"....his dream come true. He looks good, doesn't he? For more amazing photos - click on "The Webb Family" in the sidebar to the right. Angela posted some great photos.

We've had an amazing couple of days. Yesterday (Saturday) we got up at 4am and Steve got to go up in an ultra-light (or a Trike) and fly over the ocean, canyons, beaches, etc. of this island. Danny & Amanda also went flying as well. I got some photos, but I'm not sure Steve's downloaded them yet. Then we came back and had breakfast, then we went to an AWESOME beach called Hideaway beach. It was the most amazing snorkeling we've had yet...and I got to see a sea turtle! It rocked. The fish were incredible, the coral was amazing, and we got to see 2 sea turtles. The beach was shaded and we took naps and it was so lovely. Then we drove to Poipu for the sunset.

Today we got up and went to church here in Kapaa Shores. It was a very nice service, and we enjoyed it immensely. We returned back to the hotel for a big fractured taco lunch before heading out for a "scenic" drive/hike. Well, our car decided after about 10 miles of windy, switch-back, windy, awful, steep, straight up driving (3400 feet up), we had had enough and we swapped out people and headed for the lookout before heading back down the mountain. The view from the lookout was SPECTACULAR. It looked like a green, lush Grand Canyon. Amazing.

The car-sick car went back to Poipu for more sunset photos (Angela got some great ones) before heading back for "breakfast for dinner" (pancakes and eggs for dinner....trying to use up our groceries).

We leave tomorrow to go back home, and we're ready. It has been an idyllic (sp?) vacation, but we're ready to have our kids back. We miss them terribly. I know they are having a wonderful time without us, but we're ready to be back together as a family. :) In the morning we're going to hit Tunnels beach for one more round of snorkeling before packing up and heading out.

One non-vacation note: I'm having heart episodes again, and they're becoming more frequent. My heart rate is not going quite as high as it did with prior pregnancies (historically between 180-210), it's staying more in the low to mid-100's, but it's still really annoying. Danny's going to send me some sort of monitor so I can track my episodes before I go into the cardiologist. I think I'll probably relent and visit the cardiologist with this pregnancy. The episodes are becoming more frequent (2 today), and that's really annoying.

2 comments:

Chad and Barbi's family said...

Joy your vacation sounds amazing! I am so glad that you and your family were able to go. You may want to take aspirin or baby aspirin for your hear episodes. That is what I have to be when I am pregnant because you blood volume doubles and with my lupus it gets really thick. I hope it gets better for you! Miss you tons! I think that Steve should look in Madison for jobs! It would be great to have you here and I think you would really like the enviornment for your kids. The schools are some of the best in the nation. Take care!

Shauna said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having heart episodes. Bummer. You'll be in my prayers. Your trip looks amazing. I'm so glad that you got to go and enjoy it.