Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gratitude

I understand that we're undergoing some challenges right now in life up here. However, we're also very blessed. Steve is out of town, and last night as I stared in wonder at my children as they drifted off to sleep, I was amazed at their beauty, perfection, and strength. We have amazing children, and we're very blessed. When I went to the doctor last Monday, I heard the heart beat of our newest little one, and, as always, was brought to tears. It's just so sweet to hear that perfect little sound. We heard several other sounds, too, that I don't recall hearing before (I know it's been a while...maybe I've just forgotten). The doctor said those sounds are movement. So, I guess we've got an active little one on the way. I know this baby is going to rock our world, but we're all so excited. This morning the kids each wanted to hear the story about when THEY were born...over and over and over. Caitlin was so cute. When I told her that Shauna told me "It's a girl", she said, "You mean I was a GIRL baby in your tummy?" with that cute little intonation only a 3 year old little girl can have. What precious children we have.

I know Steve is frustrated that no job is forthcoming, but we have immensely enjoyed having him around the house, and it's going to be hard to send him back to work. He has become an integral part of the children's routines, and it's nice to have someone who can jump on the trampoline in the middle of the afternoon since mom's not allowed to right now.

Even being unemployed it's hard not to count our many blessings and name them one by one. I think I'd be up for days if I really took the time to name each one.

We continue to pray to be led to the next step in our lives...and we're hoping we can stay here if at all possible. The kids are settled and happy. Kenneth is thriving in his special program at school, and Daniel and Caitlin are just loving the days away.

We are also praying for our friends everywhere who are struggling with their own trials. We are also praying prayers of gratitude and thanks for our friends who have had their prayers answered.

6 comments:

Chad and Barbi's family said...

Reading that was truly inspirational! I totally miss you and our 3 hr. talks that we had when we were supposed to be going home. I ahve kept your family in our prayers and will continue to do so. Thanks for being so great!

Mandi Roth said...

We will continue to pray for you also! Your family is so amazing and will continue to be blessed. I love reading your post! Made me realize that I need to be MORE grateful! Love you guys and miss you tons.

Amanda said...

What a great post. Thanks for the reminder of all the wonderful in our lives amid the trials. Love you!

Elise said...

What a great post. I love prayers, posts, days, etc. of gratitude. I'm glad you're taking the time to see and appreciate the silver lining. We pray for you daily. Love you so much.

The Dell Family said...

I am so amazed how the economy has hit so many people that I love so much. I am heart broken to hear the news. I will pray with you. What a great example you are for so many people. You have such a wonderful attitude. Keep it up. Congrats on being pregnant! That's sooooo exciting! October's Conference Talk had this quote in it and I also believe it's the title of the talk..

Finding Joy in the Journey. I love you so much thank you for being such a wonderful example to me.

Julie said...

Joy,
Thanks for the reminder. It seems like I have had MANY reminders to count my blessings lately. Your family is so special to us and definitely among our blessings.
We love you!
Julie