Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update

Steve's getting after me to update our blog....that means I'm really behind.

He's in charge of the pictures, so hopefully someday we'll get around to downloading the photos from DANIEL'S FIRST BASKETBALL GAME!!! It was AWESOME!! He even made a basket. They put the kids in coordinating wrist bands so they knew who to guard, and it was hysterical. I laughed through most of the game. They are just so darned cute! They run around in a swarm around the ball...they hold the ball like a football and run across the court (they don't call traveling at this age), they are funny. It was a great time.

Kenneth's game was fantastic. They're really getting good. They won (for the first time) and it was well-deserved. They played hard...really hard. Kenneth had several steals, several good shots, and some good plays. I was very proud of him. He had an especially good first quarter when several of his other team mates were sluggish.

Other than that, life is just going forward...one day at a time.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Joy,
Thanks for the update. I was patiently waiting for one as well...

I never thought the colored wrist band thing was very effective. The boys pretty much ignored them and went wherever they wanted and guarded whomever they wanted. I forgot about the no travelling calls. That does make it pretty funny. You can get down the court a lot faster without having to dribble!

Take care,
Julie

A Lane said...

Hey guys, looks like all is well with you..
Great Blog...
Question, did you guys recently go to a funeral for a Sister Andreason in Utah???
Al*

Shauna said...

Yay for an update! I've been hoping for one, too. The basketball games sound so fun! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Buchanans said...

They do the wrist band thing here too...It is hysterical! Isn't it so weird to have kids playing sports? I know we are old enough, but it still catches me funny sometimes that I'm the mom, not the cheerleader...ya know? Love ya