Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend Update

I had an awesome weekend with Amanda in North Carolina. The visit was too short, but much appreciated. We went to Cheesecake Factory Friday night after my arrival...then we stayed up talking until 2am! We slept in on Saturday to make up for it. Then we went to the nursery (talking plant nursery, here), Home Depot, Target. We put together a dresser for Amanda & Danny's room. We talked a lot about plants and flowers and trees. We cleaned up and got pedicures and went to Pei Wei for dinner (YUM!). We got Dunkin' Donuts and ran to Wal*Mart. I thoroughly enjoyed her church services (such an awesome ward!), despite feeling like I was getting up at 4:30am! We hung out and made brownies for her family dinner after church and went for a brief walk. We met a neighbor and talked flowers with him, too. He was so great. I was delayed in Chicago coming home and was very tired by the time I touched ground in Seattle, but I was so pleased to have made such great memories and to have seen Danny's new motorcycle as well as their lovely home and neighborhood. I missed my kids and Steve, and I think they missed me, too.

Monday we ran errands for 6 hours getting ready for our big trip coming up. We also planted 4 plants in the back yard and watered our new grass seed. Today we went to the park and enjoyed the SUNSHINE!!! YAY!!! Then we ran some more errands and played with some friends.

4 comments:

Angela said...

FUN!! Glad your back with your family. Can't wait to see you!!

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sure she enjoyed the company! Dunkin' Donuts, mmmmm....

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had fun, and did miss your family.. I am glad they missed you. You did a lot of things, i bet you were tired. Love you and miss you, and thanks so much for the comments you left me. I truly appreciate them. Love you!!

Amanda said...

Hope you guys are having fun on your marathon trip! :o)