This week has been a busy one filled with preparations for me leaving and us going camping next weekend. I leave in the morning to go to North Carolina. I am so excited to go and see Amanda, but sad to leave my family. I will miss them. Then, I get home Sunday night and on Friday night we're off for an adventure. So - next week will be filled with MORE preparations. :)
A few notable things: I made beef/vegetable soup this week. It was really yummy. I even used oregano and rosemary from my herb garden. We LOVED having Grandma and Grandpa Hansen here for a couple of days. We had some WONDERFUL crab, and we found an amazing Italian restaurant, too! The house sure seemed empty when they were gone. We hope they've had a wonderful cruise this week. Steve's project at work got shelved, so he's moving on to bigger and better things. He has mixed feelings about it. We got a grill/fire pit and we've used it twice now (steak, hamburger). Steve is GREAT at the cooking and it's fun roasting marshmellows on the coals when we're done! Our neighbors chopped down 7 trees in their front yard. The entire look of the street is dramatically changed with so many trees missing. Everyone is up in arms that they couldn't have possibly had a permit to do that. However, I asked if we could have the wood and they said yes, so now we have lots of fire wood for next winter! (We just need to rent a splitter to get it all cut up!) I finished re-work on the back yard, so now both the front yard and back yard have been thatched, de-mossed, re-seeded, and composted. Here's hoping for gorgeous new grass! (Steve also aerated the back yard).
I think that's just about it. Today was Kenneth's last day of school and we went on a cub scout field trip to the newspaper after school. The boys had a ton of fun and I think they learned a lot about the newspaper. Kenneth is very excited to be done with the 3rd grade.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how all of you were doing. I'm glad Kenneth is done with school. Now we both have 4th graders in our midst.
Have fun on your trip to see Amanda. That must mean that her trip to Iraq was shelved. Enjoy!
Your soup sounds yummy! And why would anyone chop down SEVEN trees from their yard!?! That just seems morally wrong. I would be so excited to have seven trees growing in my front yard. Have a good time in North Carolina and tell Amanda hello. Congrats to Kenneth on finishing 3rd grade. Way to go, Kenneth! We love and miss you guys!
You guys look like you are having so much fun up there. I love that you are taking it all in seafood, site seeing and all. I love Washington it's beautiful. Hope you are having fun camping. We'll need lots of updates when you get home.
Post a Comment