Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Growing Up

Does it ever just dawn on you out of the blue that your kids are growing up? Well, it has dawned on me. Kenneth is REALLY getting OLDER!!! It's amazing to me that my "baby" will be in the 4th grade next year. I REMEMBER the 4th grade...a LOT! It was one of my all-time favorite years of school. I had Mr. Groff, and he just rocked. I noticed after I posted those pictures in my last post that his face is looking older, and he's really growing up. I'm trying to modify my parenting a little to account for the changes, but it's HARD!

Anyway, other than that, we're just plugging away. We are getting our first VISITORS tomorrow...and it's exciting! Dennis & Mary are coming through on their way to an ALASKAN CRUISE (I know, we are so jealous!). Anyway, we're so excited to see them and have our first visitors. (Translate: Joy's been cleaning ALL DAY). :) Anyway, it's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd just share a few thoughts.

4 comments:

thegatewoodfamily said...

Hey I just found your blog and thought I would pop in and say hi and tell you that I hope all is going great for you and your family. Where is that game farm? It looks so pretty there.

Shauna said...

I'm having a very hard time with the fact that Annie is 9. That's getting close to preteen years. That's crazy! It really feels like just a year or two ago that Annie and Kenneth were 2-year-olds running around playing/fighting together, doesn't it? :) I've also been trying to modify my parenting to take into account that she is getting more grown up and should be able to have more freedoms/privileges along with responsibilities, etc. It's hard to let them grow up, though. I'm having a hard time with 9. 8 was ok. 9 is hard.

Angela said...

I have the same feelings. It's hard to watch them grow up sometimes. It's hard to relinquish control of these little sweet spirits we've had all these years. They start making their own decisions and dealing with the consequences...all a part of growing up. I'm understanding more and more of what mom has talked about all these years.

The Calvert Family said...

I get that feeling every once in a while with my girls, but I mostly just try to make it through the screaming fits and drama.
I am so jealous, an Alaskan cruise would be amazing! Another cool one would be to go the opposite direction to the Antarctic, I've heard the ice formations there are spectacular!