Saturday was our 11 year anniversary. We celebrated as a family. Steve spent the morning helping someone move, and we did some yard work. Then we did hair cuts and showers/baths -and left for IKEA. Steve had never been before - we didn't realize how far away it is. It's down by the airport...about 45 minutes South of here. We enjoyed our shopping and we bought a few things....(for Tim & Alison - we bought an oven-safe skillet - can't wait to try it). Kenneth & Daniel got to go to Smaland, and Caitlin was very disappointed that she's not 3 and couldn't go with her brothers. :(
We are enjoying long walks/bike rides as a family several times/week. There are LOTS of trails in and through this neighborhood and we have been exploring. We went on a 3 mile walk yesterday before church. (gotta love 1pm church).
I got a new calling yesterday. I'm Kenneth's new den leader for scouts - I'm immensely grateful for having lived by Angela as she was serving in cubs so that I don't feel like I'm totally clueless, but I do have a lot to learn. My neighbor down the street (really the only person I know sort of well around here) is the new Bear leader, so we'll be able to coordinate and all that. That will be good.
Kenneth is struggling a little. He's been in school for a month now, but 1 week of it was spring break, and one week of it was WASL (Washington Assesment of Student Learning) standardized testing, so he hasn't really gotten into the "groove" so-to-speak. I have considered home-schooling him next year - we'll see how it goes.
We've instigated dates with each of our kids. We're trading off and having one date/week. This week I get a date with Kenneth. I'm looking forward to it. I've already had a date with Caitlin and Steve had a date with Daniel. It's good to have some time as a family. We're in 2 Nephi now as a family, and our habit of reading 1 chapter after dinner each night is going really well.
We're still knee-deep in boxes, and I'll continue working on that.
Steve went to the doctor and had an MRI this morning on his shoulder. The doctor was pretty sure he'll need surgery. I wasn't too surprised, we've heard that before. We'll see what the MRI says. His ankle is not broken and that was good news (soccer injury in January still bothering him), but he's going to go to physical therapy to hopefully get it to a point where it won't wake him up at night with the pain.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! The walks/bike rides sound heavenly--and like good exercise. Joy-Joy, Sophie says "I love you." Steve, what in the HECK!?! Would you please take care of your body for once? Let us know the MRI results. Sorry Kenneth is not loving school. We'll pray for him. We miss you guys. Take care and enjoy your new calling, Joy! It's nice that your calling provides time with Kenneth, instead of time away from the whole family like your last calling, right? :) Have a good week. Thanks for the update.
Happy Anniversary!! How exciting.. 11 years. Walks and boke rides sound great. I woule love to live where is was nice enough to actually do that.. Congrats on your new calling. That is great. Hopefully you will enjoy it. I bet angela can help you tons.. How fun a date night with your kids!! That sounds like a great idea. Tell steve good luck, hopefully he won't need surgery. Good luck with the ankle.. Miss you tons!! Good to hear from you. I really need to update my blog..
Post a Comment