Well, as is my tradition as often as I can, I donated blood today. My iron was a RECORD 44. It went really smoothly, but it was the first time since Texas that they've taken ALL my blood. In Las Vegas, they took the blood and took out the red blood cells and put back the rest along with some saline, so I wasn't nearly as wasted after I gave blood. Today I've been feeling the difference. I figured with a 44 iron count I wouldn't even miss the pint! :) Well, we went to Baskin & Robbins as a family and there were lines OUT THE DOOR at the first 2 we tried. We opted for another option completely and stumbled upon a Baskin & Robins that had hardly anybody in it - so we went in and enjoyed our 31 cent scoops - thanks to Julie for that tip!
My date with Kenneth last night was awesome. It was really good to have some one on one time with him. He was so concerned about spending the ENTIRE 2 hours and the ENTIRE $10 budget it was comical. :) I told him he'll have lots more dates to plan and we didn't have to do EVERYTHING he wanted to do on the first date. We ended up going to Cold Stone for a treat, then to BORDERS to browse (and attempt to spend the $3 change from Cold Stone that was burning a hole in his little pocket), then back home for 30 minutes of LINERIDER (see www.linerider.com)). We had a great time, and I'm looking forward to our next date.
I guess that's about it. My book club in Vegas is meeting tonight, and I'm missing all my peeps....HELLO OUT THERE! I MISS YOU!!!
2 comments:
Alex loves Linerider also. He recently found out about it from a friend of his.
I'm glad you found a B&R with no line. Sean tried the one near us and it also was out the door and around the corner. He ended up taking Emma to Cold Stone instead. Then Emma was able to get her signature blue Cotton Candy ice cream with gummy bears on top. That doesn't sound good to me, but she loves it.
44! Who ARE you?! Good job to give blood! I'm coming eligible on the 10th of May, but I'm going to wait until after the marathon on the 17th to give. I learned my lesson on that one already.
We weren't able to go to Baskin Robbins last night. I was in piano from 4-6, then Spencer had baseball practice from 6-7, Mike had Young Mens from 7-9 and I had RS presidency meeting from 9-10:30. And since we only have one car, we couldn't split up. Too bad.
I've never heard of linerider. I'll have to check it out. Is it a boy thing? or would girls enjoy it too?
I miss you. Take care and have a good week.
Post a Comment