Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm leaving....on a jet plane

Well - big news - again! Steve is going to "walk" at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho this weekend to receive his Masters Degree in Computer Engineering. Steve applied for this program the day before Daniel was born, 5 years ago. He has been diligent and enduring and has perservered through even the most terrible technology and has come out on top! I am so proud of him. He said I can't dance yet (because he hasn't officially passed his class yet), but I'm dancing in my heart and I've been spending all weekend trying to figure out how we can get up there. Moscow, Idaho is 1083 miles from Las Vegas, Nevada. That's a heckofa long way. Just to put it in perspective...we're going to Texas for Christmas, and Taylor, Texas is 1339 miles away from Las Vegas. Anyway, after planning this trip about 50 different ways over the last few days, I just booked air fare from Las Vegas to Seattle. We'll drive the remaining 5 hours in a borrowed vehicle (Steve has very wonderful family in Seattle) and stay with Steve's cousin over the weekend. We are SO EXCITED!!! We are taking Kenneth with us. It will be a wonderful trip. Thanks go out to everyone who has made this possible, including my sister, Elise, and Mom & Dad Hansen and all the Sutherlands! Thank you !!!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

SWEET WAHOO! Congratulations, Master Steve! I wish we could be there. It's my dad's surprise 60th birthday party this weekend. Well, and Sophie's throwing up, so you probably don't want us there anyway. But our hearts and thoughts will be with you. I feel like being your proctor for a little while allows me to kind of graduate vicariously through you. :0) Have a good weekend and congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations to Steve! That is awesome news.

I can't believe how far it is to Moscow, Idaho. That is how far it is from Austin to Chicago. Sean said he needed to go plot it because he just didn't see how that could be right unless it's in far north Idaho. OK, I just plotted it and it is pretty far north, but not all the way up there.

Enjoy the trip and all its sweet rewards!

Shauna said...

I hope the weekend was a hit and that you took lots of pictures. Can't wait to hear the report. We love you guys.