Monday, October 15, 2007

Deadline, Pears & Parting

Well, today was the October 15th deadline. I managed to get all my clients taken care of, and I was very relieved. Elise & Angela helped me can pears - we got 11 quarts done out of the box Jackie brought (Thanks, Jackie!). Angela kindly took Daniel, Zach, Caitlin & Emily to the park for the bulk of the canning project and Elise & I were able to focus - thanks, Ang! Tomorrow morning Elise leaves to go back to CO. I must admit it's a bitter sweet. We've had such a good time and I've really enjoyed having her and her kids here. We've watched Jacob grow before our very eyes. Emily & Caitlin are becoming such good friends. Caitlin won't know what to do with herself tomorrow night when no one is in her bed with her. :( Every day has been fun and full and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Yay for October 16th! I'm glad you got everything done for your deadline. It was so good to see you this weekend. Thanks for stopping by even though I know you were over-booked as it was. I hope the drive back went smoothly. We love you guys.

Julie said...

Yeah for making it through the deadline. That's another one down!
You and Shauna have become quite the canners. Maybe I'll be inspired to try it. I don't know where I would store the results, though. My pantry is too tiny!