Thursday, September 13, 2007

We're still here

I know I've been totally lax in my blogging lately...but I have read a few books! :) Something's gotta give, right? Well, my calling has been pretty stressful lately, so I've used reading as my "release". It's been good for me. I've spent the last 2 weeks working on tax stuff (due to the upcoming deadline), reading and in meetings. I also helped Steve & Darrel lay laminate flooring in our downstairs living room (so awesome - thanks honey!). Last Sunday I spent 4 1/2 hours at church, came home for 30 minutes, went to more meetings and visits, came home for 30 minutes for dinner (I DID put in a brisket, so I wasn't a total failure in the Sunday dinner department!), then left for more meetings and got home after all 3 kids were in bed. :( It was not a good Sunday for family time. I was pretty beat by the end of it, too. Steve was great with the kids and even had them pick up a bit so I didn't come home to a tornado-strewn-with-stuff-all-over-from-moving-everything-to-lay-new-flooring house. Monday I worked which was really tough on Caitlin. I guess since I was gone all day on Sunday she didn't think working on Monday was a very nice trick. I didn't either, frankly. ***Insert cute story: Caitlin periodically takes "attendance" at our house. "Where's Daddy?" "Oh, - work". "Where's Kenneth?" "Oh, right there" "Where's Dano?" "Oh, playing" Well, the answer to "Where's Daddy?" is always "work". I guess on Sunday she was asking about everyone and she said "Where's Mommy?" "Oh, work"....."No - meetings." Yes, such is my life - even my 2 year old knows I go to too many meetings. :) *** Anyway, we've gone to the park this week and we went swimming 2 weekends in a row - thanks to some friends who have a pool in their back yard. We're looking forward to Zach and Daniel having their first gymnastics class tomorrow, and we're going bowling. The soccer season is upon us and Steve & Darrel are co-coaching Kenneth and Johnathan's team. I've made a team banner (my first) and Kenneth is loving playing again. Last night Daniel and I went on a date. (Daniel has been asking a lot lately who I love more - him or Caitlin.....obviously we need some TLC). Yesterday I told Daniel if he took a nap I'd take him on a date. He did take a much needed nap, so on our date we got gas in the Tahoe (all the while spotting slug bugs and PT Cruisers), purchased 30 crickets for Leapeth, went to Big 5 where Daniel chose out a green softball for his own, then to Carl's Jr. for star chicken and a milk shake. I gave him his choice of Red Robin, Denny's or Carl's Jr. We had a great time and hopefully that won't be our last date. This morning we've been cleaning, and I think I'm going to load up Kenneth, Zach and Caitlin and go to Sunset park to feed the ducks (I've got some old hot dog buns). Sorry - no photos this post...

1 comment:

Marcie said...

That's so cute how Caitlin takes "attendance." Sunset Park looks beautiful!